Archive

Monday, November 3, 2014

Roadtrip: Seattle/Bellevue (Part 3 of 5)

Day 4: October 26, 2014
We weren't sure if we'd be able to find Jefferson.  We were given information from one of his previous mission companions.  It wasn't any sort of guarantee, but we got ready and headed out to a small church where it was suggested might be his ward.
I walked around the church and eventually spotted him sitting in a class.  He looked at me with a confused face, so I gave him the same look and walked away.  I became a bit nervous, since it is technically against their rules to have visitors.  I didn't know what he was thinking.

After his class ended he came out and found me.  He introduced us to everyone and we went into the last portion of church together.  (In spanish)  His small branch, or congregation was very small.  Maybe twenty people tops.  It was very intimate and the people were amazing.

After church services were over we met nearly everyone in the congregation.  The people were amazing and everyone loved Jeff.  A little girl looked over to get Jefferson's attention during the meeting and you could tell how much people loved him.

One of the members of the church invited Rob and I to have dinner with Jefferson and his companion at their house.

We ended up following Jefferson to their house and had an amazing dinner!  It was awesome to sit next to Jefferson and get to see what his mission was like.  He was very appreciative to see us, I think it meant a lot to him.


I couldn't keep track of how many people told us that we looked just like each other.  It was funny to realize that because there are a lot of photos when I was younger that look just like him when he was younger.  I never really noticed that!

After spending some time with Jefferson we headed back to Seattle to explore some more.



















It seemed like a good day to run into a Jefferson street sign!
Trinity Episcopal Church
















St. James Cathedral
This church is the main one I wanted to check out in Seattle.  We walked in as an event was going on.  It turned out they were having mass.  We ended up staying for the session which was a pretty cool experience.












Seattle First Baptist Church



After walking around we ate Molly Moon's Homemade Ice Cream.  Then we spent an hour at Seattle's Everyday Music.  I spent even more money this time, adding more to my collection!

No comments:

Post a Comment