Archive

Monday, November 3, 2014

Roadtrip: Seattle (Part 2 of 5)

Day 3: October 25, 2014
-Travel through Washington
-Explore Seattle

The drive from Portland to Seattle was a memorable one for me.  Rob had an eye out for me and saw that the music store had albums from the Sugarcubes, so we were able to listen to their first album.  (Bjork's original band)  It was a nice drive through Washington.
As we approached our hotel we passed a sign that said "Bellevue", which is the city that my nephew Jefferson is staying while on a mission.  My heart stopped beating.  It was an awesome moment, knowing that I was so close to a kid who is a little brother to me.

Our hotel turned out a lot nicer than I had expected.  We had a full kitchen and everything.  We checked in and decided what we wanted to check out in Seattle.








 The Pike Place Market was probably one of my favorite places.  We walked out on a dock into the ocean and looked at the surrounding buildings, a ferris wheel on the shore and ships.  I was completely convinced I was going to move to Seattle at that point until I remembered how expensive housing is.





















(Above) Seattle Library


After walking across the city and through the buildings we came to the Columbia Center.  It's the tallest building in Seattle. (As well as Washington.)

We took the elevator to the 73rd floor (76 total) where they have their observation floor.  The views were amazing!



It was raining a lot that day, so the windows often were wet with drips.













After the Columbia Center we walked toward the other end of the downtown area.







We were able to meet up with my oldest friend Trace who lives in the Seattle area now!  We ate at 'Mod Pizza' near the Space Needle and caught up a bit.

One of the things I was hoping for in visiting Seattle was to be able to find my nephew.  Trace had some connections and was able to get some information on how to find him.  It's not exactly allowed to have visitors on missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment