Archive

Monday, March 12, 2012

April Showers

There's good years, and there's better years. I'm not really sure what magical thing could take place this year to make me dream of reliving these days 300 from now. I remember being so independant and content. I think I've gotten back to that, but every now and again as the season starts to transition to spring I remember how an awesome brown haired girl fell out of the sky and into my world on what otherwise would have been an insignificant April night.

For as much as I ever have, I really had my shit together. I was living a single, independent life. And it was awesome. Somehow this girl nested her way in. The seasons changed and things had faded. A part of me is a bit upteight that you can feel so much and have it walked away from so easily.

It's sort of comforting knowing that the things that weren't in line are no longer issues you have to deal with. For every amazing thing there was, there was an equally shitty side.

I have a fascination with linking the past and future together. Comparing my life from where I was to where I'll be. In a lot of ways I'll be in a way better place a calender year later but I still love reminising and the past comes to life a little as the seasons repeat.

There's monumental moments of my life that stand out as the moments I don't forget. They usually come when I'm not expecting anything to come. I'm waiting for that to take place now. I've always loved forecast weather!


No comments:

Post a Comment